Hi everyone. Just a few updates to tell you about. I've been going to my foster mom's job with her several times a week now. She works at a doggy daycare. I do really well there. I get along great with the other dogs and have even played a little with some of them. I'm still working on getting more comfortable, but I think I will start to play more and more soon. I am actually doing really well with all of the employees there. I have let most of them come up and pet me right away (even the men!). It's easier to trust them when I see that all the other dogs let the employees pet and play with them. I still won't let them lead me anywhere by my collar and I still jump when they touch me from behind. But as long as they come up to me and I can see who it is and sniff them, I'm perfectly okay with them petting me. I think this doggy daycare thing will be good for me because I get to meet new dogs and new people everyday.
I've been back in my foster home for a little over 3 weeks now. I'm getting so much better with the 2 men that I live with. Sometimes I still bark if they startle me (like coming in the front door unexpectedly), but for the most part, I am beginning to trust them. They are both able to come up and pet me and sometimes I even go up to them for attention. I'm not quite ready for them to hug or kiss me and I still don’t like sudden movements, but I have come a long way in 3 weeks. I especially enjoy when they give me belly rubs...it's my favorite!
I am also doing really well in the house. I am completely housebroken and crate trained. If I have to potty, I go right to the back door and cry. My foster family has left me in the house while they are away and I behave myself perfectly. I haven't destroyed anything and I just like to nap on the couch until they are back. I play very nicely with my foster brother and sister. We like to chase each other around and play tug-o-war. They tell me I am pretty mellow for a GSP. I do have my moments of high energy where I like to run around and play, but for the most part, I'm happy just hanging out. If you want to play, I'll join in, but if you just want to relax, I'll find a comfy spot to curl up in.
That's all for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment