Sunday, July 5, 2009

I'm Back!!

Hello again everyone. It's Phoenix! I made it back to NJ on July 3rd with no problems. I was a little confused at first, but now all is well. I got to meet my original foster mom at her job. I didn't recognize her at first, but once we got back to my foster home, it all started coming back to me. I remembered the yard, the smells, and my foster brother and sister. Once I realized where I was, I went back over to my foster mom and said hello. I've been smiling ever since! My foster mom is so happy that I remembered and my transition back to NJ has gone really well.
My first night back in NJ was filled with good times. I got to watch Cali swim in the pool (I'm not sure if I'm ready to do that yet), go for a long walk, play with toys, eat yummy food, and cuddle with my foster mom. She was surprised to see how far I've come on my walks. We walked for an hour and I only tried to stop and lay down once! With a quick tug on the leash, I was right back up and confidently walked with her and Cali the rest of the way.
I'm still a little nervous with strangers and getting reacquainted with my foster mom's family. I'm a little unsure when they come over to me and I don't like quick or sudden movements. I'm just scared, but I think with some time, I will learn that they are good people. I have become VERY food motivated though, so I have no hestiations when taking food from strangers.
That's all for now. Check back soon as I'll be updating my blogs regularly.
Love, Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment