Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Just Checking In!

Hi all! Phoenix checking in once again. I am told that I am finally a real dog, so I have to share some stories with everyone.

When my foster mom comes home from work, she comes right over to my crate to let me out. I get so excited. I come bursting out of my crate and do a little dance. I wiggle my butt and jump and kick my feet in the air. I've also become great friends with my foster sister, Cali. She comes over to my crate and stratches at it to let me out. Then we run around a little and play. I love wrestling with Cali and we like to chase each other around. We also play very nicely with toys. Our favorite game is tug-o-war. It's fun, but I always lose (or maybe I'm just letting her win).

When the weather is nice, we spend a lot of time in the backyard. I love spending time outside and basking in the sun. The weather was so nice over the weekend, so I layed out on the patio all day trying to get a tan. I spend a lot of time exploring in the yard. I've been using my nose a lot and finding so much interesting stuff. We've played with these crazy things called bubbles a few times. Cali and Maxwell chase them around and try to eat them. I just like to watch, but I did try to catch a few bubbles here and there.

I've met these really facinating creatures. They are called chinchillas. I try my hardest to catch them, but they are in a cage and I can't get to them. I am very obsessed with them, so I probably shouldn't go to a home with small critters. Maybe I have some bird dog potential in me.

I am still a bit weary with strangers. I feel more confident, but new people continue to scare me a bit. If I have the room, I will keep my distance, but in close quarters, I get a little nervous and have even growled sometimes. It's also hard for me to remember people in different situations. I may like you inside the house, but if we are outside, I may not recognize you and I get scared. I'm working on it though.

I'm getting better at my commands. I know if I sit, I will get something yummy. Stay and settle are a bit harder. My foster mom says she never thought she'd have to teach me "settle", but lately I've been becoming very excited and energetic before we go for a walk and before dinner time.

Everyone is so proud of me because I've learned so much and I am finally acting like a real dog. I know I will probably take a few steps back when I go to my new home, but with patience and time, I will be a great addition to my new family!

Love, Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment