Hi everyone! Another update from me, Phoenix. Thanks for checking in! I am making lots of progress and enjoying my new life as a warm, well-fed, loved foster pup.
This thing they call crate training is a challenge, I just don't seem to get it. They put me in this crate, and I can't seem to hold myself longer than 2-3 hours. Mom says I do very well overnight, but when she comes home from work, it's another story. Sitting in my mess is no fun and getting a bath afterward is just as bad. Mom has been having some friends come over while she is at work, which definitely helps. I think I'm starting to catch on, but sometimes I think no one is going to come let me out, so I might as well relieve myself.
On a better note, my confidence is growing. We went on a long walk yesterday morning. I am afraid of noisy cars passing by and will lay down briefly until they pass, but other than that, things don't seem too scary anymore. I also ventured further away from the house in the backyard the past 3 days. Before that, I was only staying within 10 feet of the house, because who knows what might happen if I went further. But I'm beginning to enjoy being in the yard and exploring.
We went on a walk in the park again and I did much better there too. There is a big flight of scary stairs (see picture) where I hesitated several times the first time around. But today, I only got scared for a second, then I realized I could do it....and I did! Mom says she is so proud of me and that makes me feel good.
I am feeling much more comfortable in my new surroundings and I think it's safe to come out of my shell. Mom is so funny when I potty outside because she gets really happy. I like when she gets happy and I like to wiggle my butt at her. I've been showing her my "happy tail" a lot more these past few days. She thinks it's cute!
I've finally found a treat I am interested in. It's called chicken! Bacon is yummy too. Mom says she is going to teach me some commands, whatever that means. So far, I sort of understand some human language, like come, stay, and off.
Mom tells me that I'm a hunting dog. But I'm not very interested in birds. We had 2 pigeons fly right in front of us on our walk and I could care less. They are too fast to catch anyway. I hear I am going to be introduced to chinchillas soon...I wonder what they are?
I love my foster mom very much, but hanging out on my dog bed isn't so bad. Although I prefer to cuddle with her, I don't mind giving my foster mom some space. At bedtime, I whine a little when I get put in my crate. That big bed looks so comfy and warm. But as the days pass, I know where I'm suppose to be and I'm not as sad as I was.
The one thing I don't like is car rides. I have no problem laying in the back seat and getting comfy, but these bumpy rides make me feel funny. Sometimes I lose my lunch. Mom says that I will get used to it the more we ride in the car.
I really love my new life and I feel comfortable showing my foster mom who I really am. She says it has been fun watching me grow so quickly. I'm just glad to have a warm home and someone to love me.
Stay tuned because next week I get to meet the chinchillas, Sampson and Oliver, as well as two other doggies, Maxwell (a big Rottweiler) and Cali (a GSP, just like me!). I can't wait. I will let everyone know how it goes and I'm sure Mom will snap some pictures too!
Love always,
Phoenix (aka Mr. Phoe)
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment